The National Research Foundation of Ukraine (NRFU) is a state budgetary non-profit organization the main purpose of which is granting support for fundamental research in natural, technical, social and humanitarian sciences, as well as applied research and scientific and technical (experimental) developments in priority areas of science and technology.
The NRFU was established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and reports directly to it.
The main objectives of NRFU are:
- stimulation of national fundamental and applied scientific research;
- development of research infrastructure in Ukraine and its international integration;
- development of infrastructure of scientific research;
- young scientists’ research project support;
- popularization of science.